Four Indians die of gas poisoning in Bahrain
Dubai: Four Indians working as labourers
in Bahrain have died of Carbon Monoxide (CO) poisoning in the
country`s Hamad Town.
Police said the men never woke up after lighting a
wood fire in an empty paint drum before going to bed in the
room they shared on Sunday. A fifth worker survived.
All the five were from Kerala, the Gulf Daily News
reported. The bodies were discovered yesterday morning by
their colleagues who went to check on them after they failed
to show up for work.
The survivor was identified as Sunil Sashidharan, 53,
who was rushed to hospital and is stated to be in a critical
condition, police said.
The head of Labour Ministry inspections and labour
unions, Ahmed Al Haiki, called for awareness campaigns to
educate low-paid workers about the dangers of Carbon Monoxide
"It is very sad these men have died due to something
that could easily have been prevented. They would never have
done what they did if only they had been more aware," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing