Four Maoists killed in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Four Maoists were gunned down in Chhattisgarh Monday in a joint operation by the Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh Police, officials said.
The security forces also recovered arms, ammunition and Maoist literature from a forested site at Bijapur.
According to Bijapur Superintendent of Police Prashant Agrawal, the operation followed a tip off that top Maoists were in the Tarlaguda forest adjoining Andhra Pradesh.
Police teams from both states encircled the place. The Maoists opened fire, leading to an hour-long gun battle. Some of the insurgents escaped into the dense jungles.
Policemen searching the area later found the bodies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Indian politicians funded Hillary Clinton for Indo-US civil nuclear deal: Donald Trump
- In two years Tripura-Assam border with Bangladesh to be totally sealed: Secretary BM
- PM Modi to launch Smart City projects in Pune today
- 'Mirzya': Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra thanks Salman Khan, sends best wishes for 'Sultan'
- Zardari urges US to support sale of F-16 jets to Pakistan