Four Maoists killed in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Four Maoists were gunned down in Chhattisgarh Monday in a joint operation by the Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh Police, officials said.
The security forces also recovered arms, ammunition and Maoist literature from a forested site at Bijapur.
According to Bijapur Superintendent of Police Prashant Agrawal, the operation followed a tip off that top Maoists were in the Tarlaguda forest adjoining Andhra Pradesh.
Police teams from both states encircled the place. The Maoists opened fire, leading to an hour-long gun battle. Some of the insurgents escaped into the dense jungles.
Policemen searching the area later found the bodies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL