Four Maoists killed in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Four Maoists were gunned down in Chhattisgarh Monday in a joint operation by the Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh Police, officials said.
The security forces also recovered arms, ammunition and Maoist literature from a forested site at Bijapur.
According to Bijapur Superintendent of Police Prashant Agrawal, the operation followed a tip off that top Maoists were in the Tarlaguda forest adjoining Andhra Pradesh.
Police teams from both states encircled the place. The Maoists opened fire, leading to an hour-long gun battle. Some of the insurgents escaped into the dense jungles.
Policemen searching the area later found the bodies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’