Four Maoists killed in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Four Maoists were gunned down in Chhattisgarh Monday in a joint operation by the Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh Police, officials said.
The security forces also recovered arms, ammunition and Maoist literature from a forested site at Bijapur.
According to Bijapur Superintendent of Police Prashant Agrawal, the operation followed a tip off that top Maoists were in the Tarlaguda forest adjoining Andhra Pradesh.
Police teams from both states encircled the place. The Maoists opened fire, leading to an hour-long gun battle. Some of the insurgents escaped into the dense jungles.
Policemen searching the area later found the bodies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary