Gadkari condoles IK Gujral`s demise
New Delhi: BJP President Nitin Gadkari on Friday expressed grief on the demise of former Prime Minister Inder Kumar Gujral.
"I K Gujral was a versatile politician and a thinker who served the nation in various capacities with utmost dedication and sincerity. Gujral was a staunch nationalist and a great patriot, who had a thorough knowledge of international affairs," Gadkari said in his condolence message.
Gujral, 92, breathed his last at 3.27 PM today in a private hospital after a multi-organ failure. He was admitted to the hospital on November 19 with a lung infection, family sources said.
Party spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said BJP condoles the death of Gujral and described him as one of the elite leaders of the country.
"Gujral knew the old and the new generation of Indian politics and was well-versed with pre and post Independence politics of the country. He was an expert on foreign policy," Hussain said.
The BJP MP stated that Gujral made no enemies, was non-controversial, a clean politician and an ideal leader. Hussain said Gujral distinguished himself as an MP representing Bihar in Rajya Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown