Gadkari condoles IK Gujral`s demise
New Delhi: BJP President Nitin Gadkari on Friday expressed grief on the demise of former Prime Minister Inder Kumar Gujral.
"I K Gujral was a versatile politician and a thinker who served the nation in various capacities with utmost dedication and sincerity. Gujral was a staunch nationalist and a great patriot, who had a thorough knowledge of international affairs," Gadkari said in his condolence message.
Gujral, 92, breathed his last at 3.27 PM today in a private hospital after a multi-organ failure. He was admitted to the hospital on November 19 with a lung infection, family sources said.
Party spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said BJP condoles the death of Gujral and described him as one of the elite leaders of the country.
"Gujral knew the old and the new generation of Indian politics and was well-versed with pre and post Independence politics of the country. He was an expert on foreign policy," Hussain said.
The BJP MP stated that Gujral made no enemies, was non-controversial, a clean politician and an ideal leader. Hussain said Gujral distinguished himself as an MP representing Bihar in Rajya Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama
- Google honours legendary singer Mukesh with a doodle on 93rd birth anniversary
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva