Gadkari draws flak from 3 BJP leaders from Bihar
New Delhi: Four months after being
appointed BJP President, Nitin Gadkari faced his first
challenge as discontent grew over composition of his new team
with atleast three senior leaders from Bihar making their
While former union minister Shatrughan Sinha aired his
grievance yesterday for being ignored, another former union
minister C P Thakur criticised Gadkari today saying the new
team was "not balanced" and "injustice" has been meted to out
Another leader Shahnawaz Hussain, who was made one of
the seven spokespersons much below his expectations, also made
known his unhappiness by not attending a meeting of
spokespersons convened by the top leadership today.
With Bihar assembly elections due in October this year,
these leaders as also veterans like Yashwant Sinha were hoping
for important positions in the newly-constituted team.
Purnea MP Udai Singh is also said be disenchanted with
his exclusion from the list but has not come out in the open.
Gadkari, however, was unfazed, saying there were
thousands of office bearers and he could not satisfy
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'