Gehlot rejects Raje`s allegations over bridge collapse
Jaipur: Rejecting BJP leader Vasundhara
Raje`s allegation that the Rajasthan government had not
promptly taken up disaster management after the Kota bridge
collapse, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot today termed them as
Gehlot said Opposition leader Vasundhara Raje was
probably not aware that it was an NHAI project based in Delhi
which began in her (Raje) tenure.
"She (Raje) does not know this much, she is the only
complainant who made this remark before the press at Kota on
her visit, which is ridiculous," he said.
All districts are capable of taking up any kind of
disaster management and there is no dearth of funds during any
emergency, he said.
Gehlot said the state government has directed all
concerned departments related to construction to ensure that
quality standards be maintained at every site and
responsibility and accountability of engineers be fixed up to
the highest level.
Safety of human lives and sustainability of every
ongoing public project should be ensured at all levels of the
state machinery, he said.
"Urban Development and Housing Department would also
consider this point in its town planning policies wherever
applicable to make every work transparent," Gehlot told
On preparations for the upcoming panchayat polls, the
chief minister claimed the Congress would return in all
panchayati raj bodies as Opposition BJP was not observing
its `dharm and karam` (duty and action) for public welfare.
"`Vipaksh mein to Ghamasan macha hai (Opposition BJP
is fighting like a war within itself) ... they are not playing
their role of opposition and keeping the ruling Congress party
on a challenge mode," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani