Gehlot rejects Raje`s allegations over bridge collapse
Jaipur: Rejecting BJP leader Vasundhara
Raje`s allegation that the Rajasthan government had not
promptly taken up disaster management after the Kota bridge
collapse, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot today termed them as
Gehlot said Opposition leader Vasundhara Raje was
probably not aware that it was an NHAI project based in Delhi
which began in her (Raje) tenure.
"She (Raje) does not know this much, she is the only
complainant who made this remark before the press at Kota on
her visit, which is ridiculous," he said.
All districts are capable of taking up any kind of
disaster management and there is no dearth of funds during any
emergency, he said.
Gehlot said the state government has directed all
concerned departments related to construction to ensure that
quality standards be maintained at every site and
responsibility and accountability of engineers be fixed up to
the highest level.
Safety of human lives and sustainability of every
ongoing public project should be ensured at all levels of the
state machinery, he said.
"Urban Development and Housing Department would also
consider this point in its town planning policies wherever
applicable to make every work transparent," Gehlot told
On preparations for the upcoming panchayat polls, the
chief minister claimed the Congress would return in all
panchayati raj bodies as Opposition BJP was not observing
its `dharm and karam` (duty and action) for public welfare.
"`Vipaksh mein to Ghamasan macha hai (Opposition BJP
is fighting like a war within itself) ... they are not playing
their role of opposition and keeping the ruling Congress party
on a challenge mode," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door