Germany seeks clemency for Devinder Bhullar
New Delhi: Germany has sought clemency for death row convict Khalistani terrorist Devinder Bhullar and written a letter to India in this regard, an Akali Dal leader claimed on Friday.
German President Joachim Gauck and Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle have written to the top Indian leadership seeking clemency for Bhullar, SAD Delhi president Manjeet Singh GK told PTI.
The Supreme Court had last month dismissed Bhullar`s plea that his death sentence be commuted to life imprisonment.
Bhullar has been given death penalty for triggering a bomb blast outside the Youth Congress office in the capital in September 1993, in which nine people were killed and 25 others were injured, including then Youth Congress president MS Bitta.
He was arrested after being deported from Germany in 1995, a country that endorses abolition of death penalty worldwide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician