GJM to send delegation to New Delhi to meet MPs
Darjeeling: The Gorkha Janmukti Morcha will send a five-member delegation to New Delhi to meet MPs of various national parties in an effort to assess the current political mood in the capital on creation of Telangana.
"A five-member delegation will leave for Delhi on January 24 and meet MPs of various political parties," GJM general secretary Roshan Giri said on Saturday.
"The Morcha wants to assess the current mood in Delhi regarding the formation of Telangana. The party’s future agitation depends on the Centre’s decision on Telangana," said a source in the GJM.
GJM sources hinted that Morcha would revive the demand for a separate state of Gorkhaland if the Centre announces creation of Telangana.
Party sources said the Morcha had also formed various other teams, which would tour other states to meet political leaders. These teams have been instructed to mobilise support in favour of Gorkhaland.
The decision to send a Morcha delegation ahead of GJM chief Bimal Gurung’s visit to Delhi, which has been scheduled for the first week of March, was taken at a central committee meeting of the party held at the Singamari office here today, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years