GJM to send delegation to New Delhi to meet MPs
Darjeeling: The Gorkha Janmukti Morcha will send a five-member delegation to New Delhi to meet MPs of various national parties in an effort to assess the current political mood in the capital on creation of Telangana.
"A five-member delegation will leave for Delhi on January 24 and meet MPs of various political parties," GJM general secretary Roshan Giri said on Saturday.
"The Morcha wants to assess the current mood in Delhi regarding the formation of Telangana. The party’s future agitation depends on the Centre’s decision on Telangana," said a source in the GJM.
GJM sources hinted that Morcha would revive the demand for a separate state of Gorkhaland if the Centre announces creation of Telangana.
Party sources said the Morcha had also formed various other teams, which would tour other states to meet political leaders. These teams have been instructed to mobilise support in favour of Gorkhaland.
The decision to send a Morcha delegation ahead of GJM chief Bimal Gurung’s visit to Delhi, which has been scheduled for the first week of March, was taken at a central committee meeting of the party held at the Singamari office here today, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year