Govt mulling cool-off period for babus before joining party
New Delhi: The government is considering a proposal as per which there would be a cooling-off period for officers who are retiring or leaving its service before they can join a political party.
"The Election Commission has made a proposal to the government to provide a suitable cooling-off period for government officers retiring or leaving government service and joining a political party in order to maintain their independence and neutrality in functioning while in office," Law minister Ashwani Kumar said in a written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha.
"The proposal is under consideration of the government," he added. In response to another question, he said the issue of election reforms in its entirety had been referred to the Law Commission whose recommendations were yet to be received.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog