Govt mulling cool-off period for babus before joining party
New Delhi: The government is considering a proposal as per which there would be a cooling-off period for officers who are retiring or leaving its service before they can join a political party.
"The Election Commission has made a proposal to the government to provide a suitable cooling-off period for government officers retiring or leaving government service and joining a political party in order to maintain their independence and neutrality in functioning while in office," Law minister Ashwani Kumar said in a written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha.
"The proposal is under consideration of the government," he added. In response to another question, he said the issue of election reforms in its entirety had been referred to the Law Commission whose recommendations were yet to be received.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!