Govt mulling cool-off period for babus before joining party
New Delhi: The government is considering a proposal as per which there would be a cooling-off period for officers who are retiring or leaving its service before they can join a political party.
"The Election Commission has made a proposal to the government to provide a suitable cooling-off period for government officers retiring or leaving government service and joining a political party in order to maintain their independence and neutrality in functioning while in office," Law minister Ashwani Kumar said in a written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha.
"The proposal is under consideration of the government," he added. In response to another question, he said the issue of election reforms in its entirety had been referred to the Law Commission whose recommendations were yet to be received.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Security at Olympics "robust", says IOC chief
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS