Govt should make clear stand on Haj subsidy: BJP
New Delhi: In the wake of Minister of External
Affairs SM Krishna`s statement on Haj subsidy, BJP on Tuesday demanded that the government should make it clear if it was
seriously thinking of withdrawing it.
"Till the recent Assembly elections, this government was
talking about religion-based reservation but now a senior
minister is saying that Haj subsidy should be withdrawn. This
shows that there is definitely a change of heart somewhere,"
BJP spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy said.
Krishna had announced that the government is mulling doing
away with the subsidy for Haj pilgrims.
"The BJP would like to know in detail what is the view of
this government on the statement made by Union Minister S M
Krishna. We would definitely like to know if this is just a
statement or is the government seriously thinking on these
lines," Rudy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Euro 2016: Italy`s Antonio Candreva to miss pre-quarters clash with Spain
- India has a very big infrastructure programme: Arun Jaitley
- Germany's Merkel calls for sober EU divorce talks with 'partner' Britain
- Sanjay Bangar, Abhay Sharma named as support staff to Indian cricket coach Anil Kumble
- Russia, regime strikes kill 47 in east Syria: Monitor