Govt should make clear stand on Haj subsidy: BJP
New Delhi: In the wake of Minister of External
Affairs SM Krishna`s statement on Haj subsidy, BJP on Tuesday demanded that the government should make it clear if it was
seriously thinking of withdrawing it.
"Till the recent Assembly elections, this government was
talking about religion-based reservation but now a senior
minister is saying that Haj subsidy should be withdrawn. This
shows that there is definitely a change of heart somewhere,"
BJP spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy said.
Krishna had announced that the government is mulling doing
away with the subsidy for Haj pilgrims.
"The BJP would like to know in detail what is the view of
this government on the statement made by Union Minister S M
Krishna. We would definitely like to know if this is just a
statement or is the government seriously thinking on these
lines," Rudy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why