Govt using judiciary to blackmail Opposition parties: BJP
New Delhi: BJP President Nitin Gadkari Tuesday alleged that besides the CBI, the government is now using and pressurising the judiciary as well to "blackmail" Opposition parties and have its way.
Speaking to reporters here, Gadkari said, "The CBI is being misused. The CBI and the judiciary are being used to blackmail Opposition parties. Such facts are coming to light."
He emphasised that BJP wants the country to have an "impartial and fair" judiciary as it is one of the pillars of democracy with legislature, executive and the media.
"The intention behind what Mamata Banerjee has said is that it is being seen that the judiciary is also being put under pressure by the government," Gadkari said.
Banerjee had last month said that a section of the judiciary is corrupt and that there are instances where court judgements have been bought for money.
Though the BJP has often attacked the CBI for being partial to the government and even termed it "Congress Bureau of Investigation", this is perhaps the first instance where the party has attacked the judiciary and said it bows under government pressure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani