Govt`s approach towards China "very weak": BJP
New Delhi: Terming the government`s approach towards China as "very weak", BJP on Tuesday asked the Centre to spell out steps being taken to tackle the danger arising out of the Chinese troops` incursion in Ladakh.
It said the government should tell the nation the truth about the issue and take the opposition also into confidence.
"China`s interference in India is very serious. The nation should be told the truth. BJP is deeply concerned about the reported interference by China on the borders with India at quite deep level. It is a very serious matter," BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
He said the country and the opposition must be taken into confidence. "If there is some danger, the government must brief all parties as to the steps being taken so that it does not become cancerous," he said.
BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi said the government`s approach towards China is "very weak" and called for a review in the foreign policy regarding China after consensus in the country.
"The government`s approach is very weak, the government is perhaps suffering from a complex viz-a-viz China and that is highly demoralising for the forces. The way 13 or 14 incursions have taken place, the way they have entered 10 kms and there has been no resistence shows that the government`s external affairs and defence policy" is weak, said Joshi.
Joshi demanded there should be a review of the government`s total approach towards China and said it would support a foreign policy.
"They take your water from Brahmaputra. They are tampering with your relations with Pakistan and encouraging them. You have to take a total review of the foreign policy regarding China and there must be a consensus in the country," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA