Govt`s approach towards China "very weak": BJP
New Delhi: Terming the government`s approach towards China as "very weak", BJP on Tuesday asked the Centre to spell out steps being taken to tackle the danger arising out of the Chinese troops` incursion in Ladakh.
It said the government should tell the nation the truth about the issue and take the opposition also into confidence.
"China`s interference in India is very serious. The nation should be told the truth. BJP is deeply concerned about the reported interference by China on the borders with India at quite deep level. It is a very serious matter," BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
He said the country and the opposition must be taken into confidence. "If there is some danger, the government must brief all parties as to the steps being taken so that it does not become cancerous," he said.
BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi said the government`s approach towards China is "very weak" and called for a review in the foreign policy regarding China after consensus in the country.
"The government`s approach is very weak, the government is perhaps suffering from a complex viz-a-viz China and that is highly demoralising for the forces. The way 13 or 14 incursions have taken place, the way they have entered 10 kms and there has been no resistence shows that the government`s external affairs and defence policy" is weak, said Joshi.
Joshi demanded there should be a review of the government`s total approach towards China and said it would support a foreign policy.
"They take your water from Brahmaputra. They are tampering with your relations with Pakistan and encouraging them. You have to take a total review of the foreign policy regarding China and there must be a consensus in the country," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert