Govt`s approach towards China "very weak": BJP
New Delhi: Terming the government`s approach towards China as "very weak", BJP on Tuesday asked the Centre to spell out steps being taken to tackle the danger arising out of the Chinese troops` incursion in Ladakh.
It said the government should tell the nation the truth about the issue and take the opposition also into confidence.
"China`s interference in India is very serious. The nation should be told the truth. BJP is deeply concerned about the reported interference by China on the borders with India at quite deep level. It is a very serious matter," BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
He said the country and the opposition must be taken into confidence. "If there is some danger, the government must brief all parties as to the steps being taken so that it does not become cancerous," he said.
BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi said the government`s approach towards China is "very weak" and called for a review in the foreign policy regarding China after consensus in the country.
"The government`s approach is very weak, the government is perhaps suffering from a complex viz-a-viz China and that is highly demoralising for the forces. The way 13 or 14 incursions have taken place, the way they have entered 10 kms and there has been no resistence shows that the government`s external affairs and defence policy" is weak, said Joshi.
Joshi demanded there should be a review of the government`s total approach towards China and said it would support a foreign policy.
"They take your water from Brahmaputra. They are tampering with your relations with Pakistan and encouraging them. You have to take a total review of the foreign policy regarding China and there must be a consensus in the country," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!