Guilty should be punished in 2G, says Trinamool
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress on Saturday refused to comment on the special CBI court`s order declining to make Home Minister P Chidambaram an accused in the 2G spectrum case, but added that the guilty should be punished.
"We don`t want to comment on the judgment because the matter is still sub judice and the petitioner has the option of approaching the higher court," Trinamool Congress MP Sukhendu Shekar Roy told a news agency.
"The picture of the whole case is still not clear. So we don`t want to comment on it. But the way the court has cancelled 122 telecom licences, it shows that something was seriously wrong in their distribution."
"We want the guilty to be identified and prosecuted. The guilty should be punished irrespective of political colour," said Roy.
A special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court in Delhi Saturday dismissed Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy`s plea to make Chidambaram an accused in the 2G spectrum allocation case.
The Trinamool, with 20 members in the Lok Sabha and six in the Rajya Sabha, is the second largest partner in the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) central government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video