Gujarat BJP MPs slam Chidambaram over `saffron terror` remark
Vadodara: Four BJP MPs from Gujarat have
taken strong objection to Home Minister P Chidambaram`s
"saffron terror" remark and sought an apology from him for
using the term.
The MPs - C R Patil, Balkrishna Shukla, Vijay Rupani
and Bharatsinh Parmar - today said they would hold rallies in
different parts of the state to protest Chidambaram`s remark.
"It is highly unfortunate that the Home Minister has
demeaned a post once held by the Iron Man of India, Sardar
Patel," Patil told
Chidambaram should come out with strategies to deal
with Maoist violence and the Kashmir problem. Instead, he has
raised the issue of saffron terror and is trying to fight an
imaginary threat, Parmar and Rupani said.
"Saffron colour is an integral part of Indian
tradition. Saints and social reformers wore saffron clothes.
By linking the colour to terrorism, the Congress leader has
insulted Indian tradition," the MPs stated.
"The Minister should apologise to the people of the
country for his remark."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi