Gujarat BJP MPs slam Chidambaram over `saffron terror` remark
Vadodara: Four BJP MPs from Gujarat have
taken strong objection to Home Minister P Chidambaram`s
"saffron terror" remark and sought an apology from him for
using the term.
The MPs - C R Patil, Balkrishna Shukla, Vijay Rupani
and Bharatsinh Parmar - today said they would hold rallies in
different parts of the state to protest Chidambaram`s remark.
"It is highly unfortunate that the Home Minister has
demeaned a post once held by the Iron Man of India, Sardar
Patel," Patil told
Chidambaram should come out with strategies to deal
with Maoist violence and the Kashmir problem. Instead, he has
raised the issue of saffron terror and is trying to fight an
imaginary threat, Parmar and Rupani said.
"Saffron colour is an integral part of Indian
tradition. Saints and social reformers wore saffron clothes.
By linking the colour to terrorism, the Congress leader has
insulted Indian tradition," the MPs stated.
"The Minister should apologise to the people of the
country for his remark."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred