Gujarat BJP MPs slam Chidambaram over `saffron terror` remark
Vadodara: Four BJP MPs from Gujarat have
taken strong objection to Home Minister P Chidambaram`s
"saffron terror" remark and sought an apology from him for
using the term.
The MPs - C R Patil, Balkrishna Shukla, Vijay Rupani
and Bharatsinh Parmar - today said they would hold rallies in
different parts of the state to protest Chidambaram`s remark.
"It is highly unfortunate that the Home Minister has
demeaned a post once held by the Iron Man of India, Sardar
Patel," Patil told
Chidambaram should come out with strategies to deal
with Maoist violence and the Kashmir problem. Instead, he has
raised the issue of saffron terror and is trying to fight an
imaginary threat, Parmar and Rupani said.
"Saffron colour is an integral part of Indian
tradition. Saints and social reformers wore saffron clothes.
By linking the colour to terrorism, the Congress leader has
insulted Indian tradition," the MPs stated.
"The Minister should apologise to the people of the
country for his remark."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill