Gujarat Police spying on me: Manish Sisodia
New Delhi: AAP leader Manish Sisodia Thursday accused Gujarat Police of spying on him, a day after party leader Arvind Kejriwal was briefly "detained" in Gujarat while on a tour to "inspect" development in Narendra Modi`s state.
Sisodia, who along with Kejriwal is on a four-day visit to Gujarat, alleged that police was troubling, questioning and threatening people he had met last evening.
"Day 2 in Gujarat-state police is spying on me. Troubling, questioning, threatening people I`m meeting since last evening in Gujarat," he tweeted.
Kejriwal had yesterday accused Modi of trying to stall his visit to Gujarat meant to "inspect" development.
After he embarked on his tour to "verify" Modi`s claims of providing water, power, education and healthcare to people in Gujarat, the former Delhi Chief Minister was taken to Radhanpur police station in North Gujarat and allowed to leave after half an hour.
Gujarat state AAP convenor Sukhdev Patel had claimed that Kejriwal was detained, though the police denied it by saying that they had only "briefed" Kejriwal on the model code of conduct which came into force after declaration of the poll schedule.
However, Kejriwal alleged that the police had acted after "orders from the top".
"We came to know in the morning itself that all District Superintendents of Police (DSPs) were instructed to stop Kejriwal under any circumstances. Modi also sent some people with black flags. We knew that they would resort to such tactics," Kejriwal had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi