Has Narendra Modi left Ram Mandir issue behind? asks Digvijay Singh
Zee Media Bueau
New Delhi: Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Saturday questioned Bharatiya Janata Party leader Narendra Modi on the issue of Ram Mandir.
Addressing the media, Digvijay asked whether the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Modi has left the agendas on which BJP fights elections behind, including the Ram Mandir at Ayodhya issue.
Hitting out at the BJP, the Congress general secretary said that his party has been always opposed to extremist Hindu and Muslim ideologies.
Digvijay also said that Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) did not participate in India’s independence movement the way the Congress did.
The Congress leader further asked, can the Gandhian ideology be the same as the RSS? “Can Sardar Patel`s ideology and the Sangh`s be the same?” Digvijay asked.
Recently, the BJP and Congress have been fighting over Sardar Patel’s legacy.
Earlier this week, BJP leader LK Advani and Modi laid the foundation stone of the proposed 182-metre-tall statue of Sardar Patel in Gujarat.
Even Prime Minister Manmohan Singh got involved in the slugfest and had said that Sardar Patel was a Congressman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed