Has Narendra Modi left Ram Mandir issue behind? asks Digvijay Singh
Zee Media Bueau
New Delhi: Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Saturday questioned Bharatiya Janata Party leader Narendra Modi on the issue of Ram Mandir.
Addressing the media, Digvijay asked whether the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Modi has left the agendas on which BJP fights elections behind, including the Ram Mandir at Ayodhya issue.
Hitting out at the BJP, the Congress general secretary said that his party has been always opposed to extremist Hindu and Muslim ideologies.
Digvijay also said that Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) did not participate in India’s independence movement the way the Congress did.
The Congress leader further asked, can the Gandhian ideology be the same as the RSS? “Can Sardar Patel`s ideology and the Sangh`s be the same?” Digvijay asked.
Recently, the BJP and Congress have been fighting over Sardar Patel’s legacy.
Earlier this week, BJP leader LK Advani and Modi laid the foundation stone of the proposed 182-metre-tall statue of Sardar Patel in Gujarat.
Even Prime Minister Manmohan Singh got involved in the slugfest and had said that Sardar Patel was a Congressman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling