Hasan Ali case: BJP demands Puducherry LG’s resignation
New Delhi: BJP upped the ante against Puducherry Lt Governor Iqbal Singh over his alleged links with Hasan Ali Khan by demanding the former’s resignation on Sunday.
The call came after AIADMK demanded that the President recall Puducherry LG, saying he had been facing "several controversies" ever since he assumed office in 2009 including the one relating to procurement of passport to Pune stud farm owner Hasan Ali Khan.
While few days ago, Iqbal Singh had written to the Home Minister P Chidambaram, admitting that he had recommended expeditious issue of passport to the Pune stud farm owner Hasan Ali Khan but claimed he did not know him.
Iqbal Singh is also facing ED summons for his alleged links with Hasan Ali Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city