Hasan Ali case: BJP demands Puducherry LG’s resignation
New Delhi: BJP upped the ante against Puducherry Lt Governor Iqbal Singh over his alleged links with Hasan Ali Khan by demanding the former’s resignation on Sunday.
The call came after AIADMK demanded that the President recall Puducherry LG, saying he had been facing "several controversies" ever since he assumed office in 2009 including the one relating to procurement of passport to Pune stud farm owner Hasan Ali Khan.
While few days ago, Iqbal Singh had written to the Home Minister P Chidambaram, admitting that he had recommended expeditious issue of passport to the Pune stud farm owner Hasan Ali Khan but claimed he did not know him.
Iqbal Singh is also facing ED summons for his alleged links with Hasan Ali Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre