Hasan Ali case: BJP demands Puducherry LG’s resignation
New Delhi: BJP upped the ante against Puducherry Lt Governor Iqbal Singh over his alleged links with Hasan Ali Khan by demanding the former’s resignation on Sunday.
The call came after AIADMK demanded that the President recall Puducherry LG, saying he had been facing "several controversies" ever since he assumed office in 2009 including the one relating to procurement of passport to Pune stud farm owner Hasan Ali Khan.
While few days ago, Iqbal Singh had written to the Home Minister P Chidambaram, admitting that he had recommended expeditious issue of passport to the Pune stud farm owner Hasan Ali Khan but claimed he did not know him.
Iqbal Singh is also facing ED summons for his alleged links with Hasan Ali Khan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living