Hasan Ali case: BJP demands Puducherry LG’s resignation
New Delhi: BJP upped the ante against Puducherry Lt Governor Iqbal Singh over his alleged links with Hasan Ali Khan by demanding the former’s resignation on Sunday.
The call came after AIADMK demanded that the President recall Puducherry LG, saying he had been facing "several controversies" ever since he assumed office in 2009 including the one relating to procurement of passport to Pune stud farm owner Hasan Ali Khan.
While few days ago, Iqbal Singh had written to the Home Minister P Chidambaram, admitting that he had recommended expeditious issue of passport to the Pune stud farm owner Hasan Ali Khan but claimed he did not know him.
Iqbal Singh is also facing ED summons for his alleged links with Hasan Ali Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!