Hazare should have politicians by his side: Swamy
Chennai: Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy Tuesday advised anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare to partner with politicians in the movement and said he is surrounded by NGOs which are "bogus".
"Unfortunately, Hazare is surrounded by NGOs who are
bogus. He needs politicians to handle politicians," Swamy told
He praised the Gandhian`s campaign for an "effective"
Lokpal bill, but said "the basic error of Hazare was to keep
the politicians out."
"His team should have some politicians," Swamy said.
On the controversy surrounding the CD containing
purported conversation between former Law Minister Shanthi
Bhushan, Samajwadi Party Chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and ex-SP
leader Amar Singh, Swamy questioned "why didn`t those who were
aware of the CD approach the police?"
On the demand for Karnataka Chief Minister B S
Yeddurappa`s resignation over illegal mining issue, Swamy said
there was no need for that.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note