HCs seem to be averse to All India Judicial Service
New Delhi: High Courts in the country seemed
to be averse to the suggestions of various Law Commissions
recommending formation of All India Judicial Service on the
lines of the civil services.
Of the 14 high courts, which have given their opinion to
the Centre on the proposal for formation of such a service,
only Rajasthan and Patna high courts have agreed to it, a
report of Ministry of Law and Justice said.
High courts of Himachal Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh have
not given their views, while the Delhi High Court has
expressed reservations on the issue but has not given any view
whether the country should have such a service.
High courts of Sikkim, Allahabad, Jharkhand, Gujarat,
Madhya Pradesh, Madras, Kerala, Uttarakhand and Bombay have
not favoured the proposal.
The 11th Law Commission in its 116th report felt that the
formation of such a service through competitive examination
would attract brilliant young men and women and thus the best
talent all over the country would come to judiciary as in
respect of All India Civil Services.
In a reply to the Rajya Sabha recently, Law Minister M
Veerappa Moily had said, "In the national consultation for
strengthening the judiciary towards reducing pendency and
delays held in October this year, which was attended by the
Chief Justice of India, Supreme Court judges, Chief Justices
of all high courts among others, it was, inter-alia, resolved
to establish All India Judicial Service through an open
competitive examination ensuring the best possible selection."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25