Helped by ex-MLA after Batla House encounter: IM operative
New Delhi: In a shocking disclosure, Indian Mujahideen terror suspect Shahzad has claimed that he was aided by a former Delhi MLA after he escaped from Batla House.
As per a newspaper report, Shahzad Alam, who was arrested from the Sanjarpur village in Azamgarh, have told his interrogators that the ex-MLA (now based in Noida) provided him shelter and financial help needed to evade arrest after he managed to escaped from the Batla House shootout site on September 19, 2008.
Sources inside the Delhi Police crime branch have claimed that a Bihar-based former junior minister and a well known Mumbai politician also came to Alam’s rescue later.
Shahzad, who was handed over to Delhi Crime branch by the UP police on Tuesday, was taken to the Shaheen Bagh locality in South Delhi for identification of his hideouts.
As of now the intelligence officials are grilling him to get more details about IM’s activities, future intentions and its network in various states.
The investigators are also trying to obtain more clues on how Alam and his associate Ariz alias Junaid managed to elude the police siege of Batla House.
Shahzad Alam is believed to have informed the investigators that he and Junaid were in another room at the time when firing began at L-18 Batla House.
He then went to the balcony to get the exact location of the policemen and when the security forces approached the near the front door, the two fled through the second exit.
They ran down the same stairs, which were used by the police team to come up. In order to deceive police team and others they shouted that they were in fact residents, who were trying to save themselves.
Taking advantage of the situation, the duo fled from the spot, hired an auto-rickshaw and went to Shaheen Bagh.
After reaching Shahin Bagh, they were provided shelter by the former Delhi MLA, who is now residing in Noida.
Since the two were cash-strapped, the former MLA also allegedly provided the money required to board a train for Aligarh.
The two then went to Lucknow and Azamgarh from where Junaid parted ways with Shahzad.
During this time, a junior minister from Bihar came to their rescue by providing them more cash.
Meanwhile, Shahzad Alam has revealed the name of a prominent politician from Mumbai, who at one point of time has helped them.
Although, the investigators are tight-lipped about identity of the three men in question (the ex-Delhi MLA, Bihar junior minister and Mumbai politician), they are verifying more details to prepare an error-free case against those guilty.
The investigators are hopeful of achieving a breakthrough in the Delhi Shootout case, which will help in dismantling the IM network in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Mumbai architect receives Rs 5 crore extortion call from gangster Ravi Pujari
- 7th Pay Commission: Salary hike to boost demand in consumer durables sector
- 7th Pay Commission: Unions reject Centre's pay hike, threaten to go on strike
- It's a 'happy-sad feeling' for Anushka Sharma as 'Phillauri' shoot comes to an end!
- Lankan Navy damages seven boats of Tamil Nadu fishermen