Heroin worth Rs 20 crore seized on Indo-Pak border
Amritsar: BSF troops have arrested two persons and seized four kg heroin, worth Rs 20 crore in the international market, allegedly smuggled from Pakistan in Khemkaran sector of Tarn Taran district.
An automatic pistol and 12 live cartridges were also seized from them last night near Mehndipur village at Indo-Pak border, a BSF official said.
Harpal Singh and Sardool Singh, both farmers, used to cross the barbed fences regularly to cultivate their fields and allegedly got the consignment from Pakistani smugglers, he said.
The official said that Intelligence wing of BSF keeps an eye on the farmers having agriculture fields adjoining to Pakistan territory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?