Heroin worth Rs 20 crore seized on Indo-Pak border
Amritsar: BSF troops have arrested two persons and seized four kg heroin, worth Rs 20 crore in the international market, allegedly smuggled from Pakistan in Khemkaran sector of Tarn Taran district.
An automatic pistol and 12 live cartridges were also seized from them last night near Mehndipur village at Indo-Pak border, a BSF official said.
Harpal Singh and Sardool Singh, both farmers, used to cross the barbed fences regularly to cultivate their fields and allegedly got the consignment from Pakistani smugglers, he said.
The official said that Intelligence wing of BSF keeps an eye on the farmers having agriculture fields adjoining to Pakistan territory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam