Heroin worth Rs 20 crore seized on Indo-Pak border
Amritsar: BSF troops have arrested two persons and seized four kg heroin, worth Rs 20 crore in the international market, allegedly smuggled from Pakistan in Khemkaran sector of Tarn Taran district.
An automatic pistol and 12 live cartridges were also seized from them last night near Mehndipur village at Indo-Pak border, a BSF official said.
Harpal Singh and Sardool Singh, both farmers, used to cross the barbed fences regularly to cultivate their fields and allegedly got the consignment from Pakistani smugglers, he said.
The official said that Intelligence wing of BSF keeps an eye on the farmers having agriculture fields adjoining to Pakistan territory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes