Heroin worth Rs 20 crore seized on Indo-Pak border
Amritsar: BSF troops have arrested two persons and seized four kg heroin, worth Rs 20 crore in the international market, allegedly smuggled from Pakistan in Khemkaran sector of Tarn Taran district.
An automatic pistol and 12 live cartridges were also seized from them last night near Mehndipur village at Indo-Pak border, a BSF official said.
Harpal Singh and Sardool Singh, both farmers, used to cross the barbed fences regularly to cultivate their fields and allegedly got the consignment from Pakistani smugglers, he said.
The official said that Intelligence wing of BSF keeps an eye on the farmers having agriculture fields adjoining to Pakistan territory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman