Heroin worth Rs 20 crore seized on Indo-Pak border
Amritsar: BSF troops have arrested two persons and seized four kg heroin, worth Rs 20 crore in the international market, allegedly smuggled from Pakistan in Khemkaran sector of Tarn Taran district.
An automatic pistol and 12 live cartridges were also seized from them last night near Mehndipur village at Indo-Pak border, a BSF official said.
Harpal Singh and Sardool Singh, both farmers, used to cross the barbed fences regularly to cultivate their fields and allegedly got the consignment from Pakistani smugglers, he said.
The official said that Intelligence wing of BSF keeps an eye on the farmers having agriculture fields adjoining to Pakistan territory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!