Hope EC takes action on cash transfer scheme announcement: BJP
New Delhi: BJP Sunday expressed the hope that the Election Commission will take suitable action against the government for its announcement of direct cash transfer scheme when the Model Code of Conduct was in force.
The BJP has also termed the "violation" of the Model Code as "conspiracy" to divert the attention of the public from the real issues of corruption, scams and price rise.
"We hope the Election Commission will take suitable action against the government for blatantly violating the Model Code," BJP Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said.
He said, "The scheme amounted to cash for vote, going by the timing of its announcement. It is clearly aimed at influencing the voter and luring them with cash subsidies through the direct cash transfer scheme."
Naqvi hoped the EC will take stern action in stalling this scheme and ensuring that such violation of the Model Code is not repeated.
The BJP had earlier petitioned the Election Commission, questioning the timing of the scheme`s announcement ahead of the Gujarat election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Saudi Airlines flight halted for 3 days in Ahmedabad!
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Have you seen Bajrang Dal training video shot in Ayodhya? Watch it here
- Mercedes-Benz to introduce 4 electric vehicles by 2020
- Mahresult.nic.in MSBSHSE HSC Results 2016: Maharashtra Board HSC Class 12th XII Exam Result 2016 declared
- Is ‘Junooniyat’, ‘Sanam Re 2’? Yami Gautam will tell you
- IPL 2016: Sunil Gavaskar thinks de Villiers is 'AB-CDE' - Find out why!