Hope Opp won`t waste time by walkouts: Cong
New Delhi: With Parliament`s monsoon session not far away, Congress on Tuesday hoped that the Opposition would not waste the precious time of the House by "walkouts and shouting brigades".
In the editorial in the latest issue of its mouthpiece ‘Congress Sandesh’, the party said, "The decorum of the House must be maintained and the floor of Parliament put to proper use."
Noting that precious time of Parliament would "not be wasted by walkouts and shouting brigades", it said that there are many legislations in the interest of the country that are pending.
"If the disparity in thoughts is discussed through debates for which the floor of the House is the forum, solution can be found to arrive at a consensus", it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends