IAF station commanders hold conference in Shillong
Shillong: The three-day conference of station commanders of Eastern Air Command on issues pertaining to operational requirements in Northeast began here Saturday morning.
Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief of Eastern Air Command
Air Marshal SK Bhan inaugurated the conference held at the
command`s headquarters here.
Various issues pertaining to operational requirements
in Northeast and development plans are likely to be discussed
with the commanders of Air Force stations of 12 states in the
region, an IAF spokesman said.
The meet, attended by all senior officers of the
command, will also review operational, maintenance and
administrative aspects of Air Force stations.
The conference assumes significance as Eastern Air
Command provides air defence to 6,300 km of international
border, comprising five nations, and gives air support
maintenance to Army and paramilitary forces engaged in
counter-insurgency operations in difficult terrains of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Currently no proposal to merge BSNL and MTNL: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 23: Delhi Daredevils vs Gujarat Lions — As it happened...
- Mother of all apps? Narendra Modi government is coming up with new app UMANG - It houses 200 apps!
- BJP won't win a single seat if elections are held in Delhi: CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Punjab woman 'gangraped first, killed, and then thrown from roof'