IAF station commanders hold conference in Shillong
Shillong: The three-day conference of station commanders of Eastern Air Command on issues pertaining to operational requirements in Northeast began here Saturday morning.
Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief of Eastern Air Command
Air Marshal SK Bhan inaugurated the conference held at the
command`s headquarters here.
Various issues pertaining to operational requirements
in Northeast and development plans are likely to be discussed
with the commanders of Air Force stations of 12 states in the
region, an IAF spokesman said.
The meet, attended by all senior officers of the
command, will also review operational, maintenance and
administrative aspects of Air Force stations.
The conference assumes significance as Eastern Air
Command provides air defence to 6,300 km of international
border, comprising five nations, and gives air support
maintenance to Army and paramilitary forces engaged in
counter-insurgency operations in difficult terrains of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...