ICGS Rajdoot commissioned
Kolkata: Indian Coast Guard Ship `Rajdoot` designed to increase capability of operations to further maritime and coastal security on the western seaboard was commissioned here on Monday.
Controller-General of Defence Accounts Arunava Dutt commissioned the 50 metre ship, the sixth in the series of eight inshore patrol vessels built by the Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers.
Displacing 300 tonne and with a maximum speed of 34 knots the ship is fitted with state-of-the art communication and navigation equipment like Integrated Bridge Management System and 30 mm CRN-91 gun as main armament.
It is capable of multifarious tasks such as surveillance, interdiction, search and rescue and medical evacuation.
ICGS `Rajdoot`, literally meaning `Royal Messenger` will be based at New Mangalore under Coast Guard Region (West).
With the commissioning of Rajdoot, the force level of ICG has gone up to 82 ships and boats.
Commander Coast Guard Region (North East) Inspector-General KC Pande and a large number of central and state government dignitaries were present at the commissioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- IPL 2016, Eliminator: SRH beat KKR by 22 runs; play Gujarat in 2nd qualifier for place in final
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results likely to be declared on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- ISRO to test next reusable launch vehicle after studying data of May 23 flight
- Beware! Grilled food not good for health!
- WhatsApp leads messaging apps globally