ICGS Rajdoot commissioned
Kolkata: Indian Coast Guard Ship `Rajdoot` designed to increase capability of operations to further maritime and coastal security on the western seaboard was commissioned here on Monday.
Controller-General of Defence Accounts Arunava Dutt commissioned the 50 metre ship, the sixth in the series of eight inshore patrol vessels built by the Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers.
Displacing 300 tonne and with a maximum speed of 34 knots the ship is fitted with state-of-the art communication and navigation equipment like Integrated Bridge Management System and 30 mm CRN-91 gun as main armament.
It is capable of multifarious tasks such as surveillance, interdiction, search and rescue and medical evacuation.
ICGS `Rajdoot`, literally meaning `Royal Messenger` will be based at New Mangalore under Coast Guard Region (West).
With the commissioning of Rajdoot, the force level of ICG has gone up to 82 ships and boats.
Commander Coast Guard Region (North East) Inspector-General KC Pande and a large number of central and state government dignitaries were present at the commissioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?