ICGS Rajdoot commissioned
Kolkata: Indian Coast Guard Ship `Rajdoot` designed to increase capability of operations to further maritime and coastal security on the western seaboard was commissioned here on Monday.
Controller-General of Defence Accounts Arunava Dutt commissioned the 50 metre ship, the sixth in the series of eight inshore patrol vessels built by the Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers.
Displacing 300 tonne and with a maximum speed of 34 knots the ship is fitted with state-of-the art communication and navigation equipment like Integrated Bridge Management System and 30 mm CRN-91 gun as main armament.
It is capable of multifarious tasks such as surveillance, interdiction, search and rescue and medical evacuation.
ICGS `Rajdoot`, literally meaning `Royal Messenger` will be based at New Mangalore under Coast Guard Region (West).
With the commissioning of Rajdoot, the force level of ICG has gone up to 82 ships and boats.
Commander Coast Guard Region (North East) Inspector-General KC Pande and a large number of central and state government dignitaries were present at the commissioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says