ICGS Rajdoot commissioned
Kolkata: Indian Coast Guard Ship `Rajdoot` designed to increase capability of operations to further maritime and coastal security on the western seaboard was commissioned here on Monday.
Controller-General of Defence Accounts Arunava Dutt commissioned the 50 metre ship, the sixth in the series of eight inshore patrol vessels built by the Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers.
Displacing 300 tonne and with a maximum speed of 34 knots the ship is fitted with state-of-the art communication and navigation equipment like Integrated Bridge Management System and 30 mm CRN-91 gun as main armament.
It is capable of multifarious tasks such as surveillance, interdiction, search and rescue and medical evacuation.
ICGS `Rajdoot`, literally meaning `Royal Messenger` will be based at New Mangalore under Coast Guard Region (West).
With the commissioning of Rajdoot, the force level of ICG has gone up to 82 ships and boats.
Commander Coast Guard Region (North East) Inspector-General KC Pande and a large number of central and state government dignitaries were present at the commissioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past