Illegal immigration in NE a security threat: Varun
Bareilly (UP): BJP leader Varun Gandhi on Saturday said illegal immigration of Bangladeshi nationals is posing a big security threat to the country, especially to the
north east region.
"Illegal immigration of Bangladeshi citizen in India is a big threat to the country, but this is not being viewed seriously," the MP, who was on a two-day tour of his parliamentary constituency Pilibhit, said yesterday.
The BJP leader said that he had recently gone to Assam where he claimed that 60 per cent land is under possession of the illegal immigrants.
"A serious threat is surfacing in the North East region of the country," he said.
Varun alleged that party candidates in panchayat polls were being harassed by police.
"One of my supporter Harish Kumar Singh is being harassed by police and a fake FIR had been lodged against him," he claimed during a meeting of party workers.
Singh`s wife is contesting the elections against sister of a BSP MLA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant