India awaiting report from HC in London on nurse`s death
New Delhi: India is awaiting a report from its mission in London on the alleged suicide by an Indian-origin nurse who transferred a hoax phone call that gave away information about the condition of pregnant Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge, to Australian radio presenters.
"We don`t know enough about it...Let`s wait and see what exactly has happened and why it happened," External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid said while terming the incident extremely sad.
Official sources said the Indian mission in London has been asked to give a detailed report on the entire incident and the ministry was awaiting a response.
Asked if she will be buried in India, sources said her husband was yet to approach the mission in this matter.
46-year-old Jacintha Saldanha, a mother of two, was found unconscious last Friday in the quarters of the King Edward VII Hospital in central London where she was working as a senior nurse. She was pronounced dead when rushed to the hospital.
Jacintha had answered the hoax call at 5.30am on December 5 morning, and was helping out on the reception at the time of the prank call. Giggling DJs Mel Greig and Michael Christian were pretending to be the British Queen and Prince Charles and asked her if they could be put through to Kate.
Then she connected them to another nurse who gave out details of the condition of 30-year-old Kate who was suffering from acute morning sickness at the London hospital.
The exact cause of the death remained unclear.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India