India has proof of Pak planting landmines across LoC
New Delhi: The Indian Army on Wednesday exposed its Pakistani counterpart’s nefarious designs once again.
The Army today released pictures of the landmines it says were planted on the Indian side of the Line of Control (LoC) by the Pakistani Army.
The Northern Command Media Cell released pictures which showed the mines with marking of Pakistan Ordnance Factory (PoF) of Lot No. 82 and with inscription of `SGO Sargodha`.
The pictures had been handed over to Pakistan Army authorities as proof of its `viscious` designs during Sunday`s flag meeting in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir, which has witnessed continued ceasefire violations by Pakistan and killing of two Indian soldiers.
General Officer Commanding-in-Chief (GOC-in-C), Northern Command, Lt Gen K T Parnaik had said yesterday in Akhnoor, about 45 kms from here, that
mines have been planted by the
Pakistan Army along the walking tracks between India forward posts along LoC to target Indian troops.
Army sources said several soldiers have been injured in anti-personnel mine blasts along LoC in the past three to four months.
The flag meeting was held after repeated ceasefire violations on the LoC by Pakistan.
Reports said the photographs released by the Army clearly show markings that reveal the origins of the landmines. The markings show the landmines were made in Pakistan’s ordnance factories.
The mines were planted in an area where the Indian Army has a substantial presence of its troops.
On the January eight killing of two Indian soldiers, Parnaik had said the decapitation of one of the soldiers by Pakistani Army regulars was an act of "grave provocation".
India had yesterday accused Pakistan of five ceasefire violations after the flag meeting of top military commanders of the two countries to de-escalate tension along LoC but said it will "not act in haste or anger".
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam