India, Japan Coast Guards joint exercise today
Chennai: The Coast Guards of India and Japan will hold a joint exercise here on Sunday.
"The XIth (11th) edition of this exercise termed SAHYOG KAIJIN aims to strengthen the working relationship between the two coast guards and further refine joint operating
procedures," a release from Indian Coast Guard (ICG) here said today.
"The highlight of the exercise encompasses the scenarios of the hijacking of a merchant vessel and its subsequent rescue in a combined Coast Guard operation".
Operation of ICG helicopters from JCG ship and vice-versa and transferring of mail by helicopter from an ICG ship to JCG ship were the other important features of the exercise, the release said.
ICG Director General, Vice-Admiral MP Muralidharan and Commandant, JCG, will witness the excercise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre