India, Japan Coast Guards joint exercise today
Chennai: The Coast Guards of India and Japan will hold a joint exercise here on Sunday.
"The XIth (11th) edition of this exercise termed SAHYOG KAIJIN aims to strengthen the working relationship between the two coast guards and further refine joint operating
procedures," a release from Indian Coast Guard (ICG) here said today.
"The highlight of the exercise encompasses the scenarios of the hijacking of a merchant vessel and its subsequent rescue in a combined Coast Guard operation".
Operation of ICG helicopters from JCG ship and vice-versa and transferring of mail by helicopter from an ICG ship to JCG ship were the other important features of the exercise, the release said.
ICG Director General, Vice-Admiral MP Muralidharan and Commandant, JCG, will witness the excercise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar