India, Japan Coast Guards joint exercise today
Chennai: The Coast Guards of India and Japan will hold a joint exercise here on Sunday.
"The XIth (11th) edition of this exercise termed SAHYOG KAIJIN aims to strengthen the working relationship between the two coast guards and further refine joint operating
procedures," a release from Indian Coast Guard (ICG) here said today.
"The highlight of the exercise encompasses the scenarios of the hijacking of a merchant vessel and its subsequent rescue in a combined Coast Guard operation".
Operation of ICG helicopters from JCG ship and vice-versa and transferring of mail by helicopter from an ICG ship to JCG ship were the other important features of the exercise, the release said.
ICG Director General, Vice-Admiral MP Muralidharan and Commandant, JCG, will witness the excercise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you