India, Japan Coast Guards joint exercise today
Chennai: The Coast Guards of India and Japan will hold a joint exercise here on Sunday.
"The XIth (11th) edition of this exercise termed SAHYOG KAIJIN aims to strengthen the working relationship between the two coast guards and further refine joint operating
procedures," a release from Indian Coast Guard (ICG) here said today.
"The highlight of the exercise encompasses the scenarios of the hijacking of a merchant vessel and its subsequent rescue in a combined Coast Guard operation".
Operation of ICG helicopters from JCG ship and vice-versa and transferring of mail by helicopter from an ICG ship to JCG ship were the other important features of the exercise, the release said.
ICG Director General, Vice-Admiral MP Muralidharan and Commandant, JCG, will witness the excercise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani