India, Japan Coast Guards joint exercise today
Chennai: The Coast Guards of India and Japan will hold a joint exercise here on Sunday.
"The XIth (11th) edition of this exercise termed SAHYOG KAIJIN aims to strengthen the working relationship between the two coast guards and further refine joint operating
procedures," a release from Indian Coast Guard (ICG) here said today.
"The highlight of the exercise encompasses the scenarios of the hijacking of a merchant vessel and its subsequent rescue in a combined Coast Guard operation".
Operation of ICG helicopters from JCG ship and vice-versa and transferring of mail by helicopter from an ICG ship to JCG ship were the other important features of the exercise, the release said.
ICG Director General, Vice-Admiral MP Muralidharan and Commandant, JCG, will witness the excercise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- Bihar polls: Wave in favour of BJP, will form next government, says Mulayam Singh Yadav