India, Japan to spur security ties
New Delhi: India and Japan on Monday held their second 2+2 dialogue involving their Defence and Foreign Ministry officials to expand security cooperation between the two countries. They also decided to hold a dialogue on cyber security.
In this unique dialogue 2+2 format, the Indian delegation was led by Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai and Defence Secretary Shashi Kant Sharma, while the Japanese delegation was led by Deputy Foreign Minister Akitaka Saiki and Administrative Vice Defence Minister Hironori Kanazawa.
"The two sides briefed each other on their respective defence and security policies in the background of each country`s security environment," the External Affairs Ministry said here after the talks in Tokyo.
"The two delegations also exchanged views on maritime, cyber and outer space security. They agreed to an early meeting of the new India-Japan Cyber Security Dialogue," said the ministry.
Mathai also held foreign office consultations which reviewed a wide gamut of bilateral issues, including intensification of trade and investment and closer collaboration on a range of cross-cutting issues like energy, climate change and the global financial crisis.
The talks also firmed up the agenda for Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s visit to Tokyo mid-November.
The 2+2 consultations were envisaged by the action plan to advance security cooperation concluded between the two countries in December 2009. The maiden 2+2 dialogue was held in New Delhi in June 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price