India, Pak authorities discuss cross-border trade, travel
Chakan da Bagh: Indian and Pakistani officials met at Zero Point Chakan-da-Bagh in Poonch District to discuss matters related to cross border trade and travel.
Poonch District Development Commissioner Sajjad Ahmed Khan held parleys with the Director General of Trans-LoC (Line of Control) Trade and Travel in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir Ismail Khan.
Khan later told media that the meeting was held as per directions of the working group to review quarterly progress on travel and trade matters.
"We are trying to bring some relief to people in the region so that they can easily meet their cross border relatives. We convened this meet for that purpose and also to resolve the issues concerning trade. We discussed several issues with the DDC (District Development Commissioner, Poonch, and Sajjad Ahmed Khan) and found his response to be positive in the matter," said Khan.
Cross border trade between India and Pakistan has suffered due to repeated ceasefire violations and the killing of Indian Army soldiers this year.
"The situation is not very good at the LoC, but still 22,000 people have crossed the border. It is a big achievement for us. This figure could go higher if both sides put in some efforts," Khan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH