India, Pak authorities discuss cross-border trade, travel
Chakan da Bagh: Indian and Pakistani officials met at Zero Point Chakan-da-Bagh in Poonch District to discuss matters related to cross border trade and travel.
Poonch District Development Commissioner Sajjad Ahmed Khan held parleys with the Director General of Trans-LoC (Line of Control) Trade and Travel in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir Ismail Khan.
Khan later told media that the meeting was held as per directions of the working group to review quarterly progress on travel and trade matters.
"We are trying to bring some relief to people in the region so that they can easily meet their cross border relatives. We convened this meet for that purpose and also to resolve the issues concerning trade. We discussed several issues with the DDC (District Development Commissioner, Poonch, and Sajjad Ahmed Khan) and found his response to be positive in the matter," said Khan.
Cross border trade between India and Pakistan has suffered due to repeated ceasefire violations and the killing of Indian Army soldiers this year.
"The situation is not very good at the LoC, but still 22,000 people have crossed the border. It is a big achievement for us. This figure could go higher if both sides put in some efforts," Khan said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference