India, Pakistan cannot sideline Kashmir issue: Hurriyat
Srinagar: The moderate faction of Hurriyat Conference on Saturday expressed concern over what it claimed "increasing confrontation" between India and Pakistan and said it will intensify efforts to bring together the two countries to resolve the Kashmir issue.
The Hurriyat Conference headed by Mirwaiz Umer Farooq constituted a two-member committee to chalk out its future strategy in the wake of the situation Jammu and Kashmir.
"A two-member committee has been constituted... So that Hurriyat can chalk out its counter strategy," the separatist amalgam said in a statement after a meeting here.
The meeting, first since the hanging of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru, was chaired by Mirwaiz and was attended by all the members of the executive, General council and working committee of the conglomerate.
The Hurriyat said the meeting discussed in detail the changing political scenario in the sub-continent and its impact on Kashmir and felt that both the nuclear powers - India and Pakistan - cannot improve their relations by sidelining the issue.
"Both the countries have failed to achieve positive results despite restoration of trade ties, cricket diplomacy and people-to-people contact and unless the Kashmir issue, which is the basic cause behind the animosity between the two countries, is addressed, the political uncertainty will remain," the statement said.
The Hurriyat decided "to intensify efforts to bring India and Pakistan together to resolve the Kashmir issue".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- Sudha Shivpuri aka 'Baa' of 'Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' dies
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?