India plans missile test ranges in Andhra, Andamans
New Delhi: India`s Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) will set up missile test ranges in Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Andhra Pradesh and the process has been initiated to acquire land, the government said on Wednesday.
Defence Minister AK Antony told the Rajya Sabha that the DRDO had proposed to set up a missile test range each at Rutland Island in Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Nagayalanka in Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh.
"Both the projects for setting up of the missile test ranges are at the initial planning stages and land acquisition process is on," he said.
"These projects would be sanctioned after the proposals are cleared by the Ministry of Environment and Forests and the revenue authorities," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das