India releases six Pakistani prisoners
Attari: India on Wednesday sent back six
Pakistani prisoners after they were released from different
All the prisoners were released at Joint Check Post of
Attari international border and they crossed over to
Pakistan through the land transit route on the basis of
`Emergency Travel Certificate` issued by the Delhi based
Pakistan High Commission.
They were arrested after they crossed over to Indian
territory without passport and visa, officials said.
The repatriated prisoners are Mohammad Naran released
from Palra jail of Bhuj in Gujarat, Mohammad Arshad released
from a jail in Rajasthan, Asgar Ali released from Bikaner jail
in Rajasthan, and Iqbal Sadiq, Nasir Ullah and Amjad Ali were
released from three different jails of Punjab, an official at
Attari border said.
Naran has spent fifteen years behind the bars in India
since Pakistan was not confirming his antecedents, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor