India releases six Pakistani prisoners
Attari: India on Wednesday sent back six
Pakistani prisoners after they were released from different
All the prisoners were released at Joint Check Post of
Attari international border and they crossed over to
Pakistan through the land transit route on the basis of
`Emergency Travel Certificate` issued by the Delhi based
Pakistan High Commission.
They were arrested after they crossed over to Indian
territory without passport and visa, officials said.
The repatriated prisoners are Mohammad Naran released
from Palra jail of Bhuj in Gujarat, Mohammad Arshad released
from a jail in Rajasthan, Asgar Ali released from Bikaner jail
in Rajasthan, and Iqbal Sadiq, Nasir Ullah and Amjad Ali were
released from three different jails of Punjab, an official at
Attari border said.
Naran has spent fifteen years behind the bars in India
since Pakistan was not confirming his antecedents, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!