India repatriates two Pak teenage boys
Jammu: In a good will gesture, the Indian Army today handed over two teenagers, who had crossed over this side of the border, to the Pakistan Army at a flag meeting in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Army troops located in the Poonch Sector, handed over to the Pakistan Army, the two young boys who had crossed over to the Indian side of the Line of Control in the Naoshera Sector in Rajouri district on March 22, PRO Defence Col R K Palta said.
He said the handing over process took place at the Chakan-da-Bagh Zero line in Poonch this afternoon.
During their stay with the Army, the two boys Rehmatullah (15) and Inayatullah (12), both residents of Kotli in POK, informed that they had left their country and deliberately crossed over to the Indian side in search of employment, Col Palta said.
Army acted on humanitarian considerations, and a message was passed to the Pakistan Army over the hotline yesterday, conveying the intent to hand over the two boys back to Pakistan, he said.
Before handing them over to the Pakistani counterparts, the Indian Army troop gave boxes of sweets and sets of clothes to the two boys.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh