‘India, US should combat terror financing jointly’
Mumbai: India plays a very important role in
combating global terrorist financing and there is need for New
Delhi and the US to share the best practices in this regard to
curb the menace, a top American official said on Wednesday.
"Both India and US understand the importance of a strong
financial system. But we must also keep in mind the potential
risk from illicit financing. The need to recognise this and
how it is used in financing terrorist activities has become a
critical part of the relationship between the two countries,"
US Treasury`s Assistant Secretary for Terrorist Financing
Daniel L Glaser said here.
He was addressing the concluding session of a two-day US
India Private Financial Sector Dialogue organised by the
Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and the US-India
Business Council (USIBC) here.
The event discussed critical issues, including combating
illicit terrorist financing and new payment technologies for
"India and the US need to share the best practices to
combat terrorist financing. India plays a very important role
in combating global terrorist financing. It is important that
the two countries consult and share crucial financial
intelligence for a safer world," he added.
Glaser said India and the US are "natural allies" who
share their democratic principles and have to rely on each
other to protect and safeguard one another.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Trouble deepens for P Chidambaram's son; ED likely to question him soon
- Thailand dormitory fire kills 17 schoolgirls
- Will not spare my own children if they are involved in illegalities: Arvind Kejriwal in Goa
- No apology for Hiroshima bombing during Japan visit: Obama
- Did you miss it? Check out Iulia Vantur’s response to rumours suggesting her marriage to Salman Khan