Indian Army highly disciplined, professional force: MoD
Jammu: Denying reports of soldiers of Rajputana Rifles going on "hunger strike" in protest against the killing of two Army jawans by Pakistani troops, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) on Friday claimed such incidents do not "demoralise" the force.
"The Indian Army is totally professional, disciplined and highly motivated force, which handles all situations in a professional manner at all times, including in Jammu and Kashmir," Public Relation Officer (PRO), MoD, Jammu, Col RK Palta said here today.
"Ours is a highly disciplined and motivated Army, and such incidents do not demoralise our men," he said.
Rejecting local media reports that the soldiers of Rajputana Rifles went on a hunger strike against the killing of their two colleagues on LoC in Poonch, Col Palta said "the morale of the personnel is absolutely high, as at all times".
"The report is factually incorrect and totally baseless. There is no such incident of jawans going on hunger strike in protest against the killing of two soldiers," the PRO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- 6.4 magnitude undersea quake rocks Fiji
- China pushes `patriotic` tours in South China Sea: Report
- `Inexcusable errors` by Australia TV crew in Beirut kidnap
- Drop everything and watch out for John, Varun & Jacqueline starrer 'Dishoom's logo! Pic Inside
- Centre to declassify 25 more files relating to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose today