Indian Embassy urges domstc cos to tap opportunities in Qatar
Dubai: The Indian Embassy in Qatar is hoping that more Indian companies will tap the wide possibilities being offered by Qatar, said a senior embassy official.
"Qatar has opened many opportunities now and we have alerted companies in India to look for possible collaboration. We hope more companies will come; it can be in the form of trade missions or different organisations coming here," Sanjiv Kohli, a Minister at the Indian Embassy was quoted by the Indian Community Benevolent Forum (ICBF).
"Many companies in Qatar are already keen on having an Indian work force. Based on the feed-back, Indians are the most favourite, as they are productive, skilled, law-abiding
and most problem free workforce", he said.
Qatar recently awarded an industrial consultancy services contract for the second time to the National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC), a government of India Enterprise.
The contract calls for NSIC to prepare project profiles for 30 small enterprises that could be implemented in Qatar. The contract follows a positive feedback for the previous
contract with NSIC.
Besides, Indian Ambassador to Qatar Deepa Gopalan Wadhwa told the media the embassy was also focusing on having awareness campaigns for fishermen educating them about the implications off crossing international waters.
As many as 19 Indian fishermen were detained in Qatar since July and were freed by Qatar last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam