Indian victim gets Rs 32 lakh compensation in Oman
Dubai: A court in Muscat has awarded Rs 3,200,000 (25,000 Omani riyals) to an Indian expatriate who met with a road traffic accident in 2010, a news report said.
Sasikumar, the victim who hails from Kerala was hit by a vehicle while he was walking on the road and suffered serious head injuries in Al Khoud area.
"According to the medics, the victim had 100 per cent disability. The money has been sent through the Indian embassy," a legal adviser told Times of Oman.
According to statistics released recently by the Royal Oman Police (ROP), 1,131 people were killed and 11,364 were injured in various road accidents in the country during 2012.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'