Indian victim gets Rs 32 lakh compensation in Oman
Dubai: A court in Muscat has awarded Rs 3,200,000 (25,000 Omani riyals) to an Indian expatriate who met with a road traffic accident in 2010, a news report said.
Sasikumar, the victim who hails from Kerala was hit by a vehicle while he was walking on the road and suffered serious head injuries in Al Khoud area.
"According to the medics, the victim had 100 per cent disability. The money has been sent through the Indian embassy," a legal adviser told Times of Oman.
According to statistics released recently by the Royal Oman Police (ROP), 1,131 people were killed and 11,364 were injured in various road accidents in the country during 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah