Indian victim gets Rs 32 lakh compensation in Oman
Dubai: A court in Muscat has awarded Rs 3,200,000 (25,000 Omani riyals) to an Indian expatriate who met with a road traffic accident in 2010, a news report said.
Sasikumar, the victim who hails from Kerala was hit by a vehicle while he was walking on the road and suffered serious head injuries in Al Khoud area.
"According to the medics, the victim had 100 per cent disability. The money has been sent through the Indian embassy," a legal adviser told Times of Oman.
According to statistics released recently by the Royal Oman Police (ROP), 1,131 people were killed and 11,364 were injured in various road accidents in the country during 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!