Did Hafiz Saeed incite Pak troops into killing Indian soldiers?
New Delhi: Reports have claimed that Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief Hafiz Saeed had visited the Line of Control (LoC) a week before the gruesome killing of two Indian soldiers by Pakistan Army regulars.
Reports cited intelligence agencies as claiming that Saeed, the mastermind of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, visited the LoC bordering Poonch district in Jammu and Kashmir. This is the same area (Mendhar sector) where Pakistani troops crossed over to the Indian side along the LoC and killed two soldiers. Both soldiers were beheaded and the Pakistani troops carried one of the heads away as ‘trophy’.
As per intelligence, Saeed’s aim to visit the LoC was to incite the Pakistan’s border action teams (BATs) which assist Pakistani Army regulars.
The intelligence report also warned of escalating action being contemplated by the Pakistan Army-BAT combine, reported Hindustan Times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic