Did Hafiz Saeed incite Pak troops into killing Indian soldiers?
New Delhi: Reports have claimed that Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief Hafiz Saeed had visited the Line of Control (LoC) a week before the gruesome killing of two Indian soldiers by Pakistan Army regulars.
Reports cited intelligence agencies as claiming that Saeed, the mastermind of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, visited the LoC bordering Poonch district in Jammu and Kashmir. This is the same area (Mendhar sector) where Pakistani troops crossed over to the Indian side along the LoC and killed two soldiers. Both soldiers were beheaded and the Pakistani troops carried one of the heads away as ‘trophy’.
As per intelligence, Saeed’s aim to visit the LoC was to incite the Pakistan’s border action teams (BATs) which assist Pakistani Army regulars.
The intelligence report also warned of escalating action being contemplated by the Pakistan Army-BAT combine, reported Hindustan Times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price