Did Hafiz Saeed incite Pak troops into killing Indian soldiers?
New Delhi: Reports have claimed that Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief Hafiz Saeed had visited the Line of Control (LoC) a week before the gruesome killing of two Indian soldiers by Pakistan Army regulars.
Reports cited intelligence agencies as claiming that Saeed, the mastermind of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, visited the LoC bordering Poonch district in Jammu and Kashmir. This is the same area (Mendhar sector) where Pakistani troops crossed over to the Indian side along the LoC and killed two soldiers. Both soldiers were beheaded and the Pakistani troops carried one of the heads away as ‘trophy’.
As per intelligence, Saeed’s aim to visit the LoC was to incite the Pakistan’s border action teams (BATs) which assist Pakistani Army regulars.
The intelligence report also warned of escalating action being contemplated by the Pakistan Army-BAT combine, reported Hindustan Times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- India must take Dawood's presence strictly with Pakistan: Samajwadi Party
- At least 10 killed, 32 injured in road accident in China's Guangxi Zhuang region
- Do you know low socioeconomic status can be a factor for heart attack? - Read
- PM Modi bats for eco-friendly Ganesh Utsav, Durga Puja
- Maruti Suzuki continues to rule PV segment with 7 models in top 10 list