Indo-Bangla friendship rally to celebrate 100 years of school
Agartala: An Indo-Bangladesh friendship cycle rally would enter into Bangladesh from here on November 6 to commemorate 100 years of Iswar Pathshala, a high school in Comilla district of the neighbouring country.
Chairman of the Iswar Pathshala Alumni Committee Pabitra Kar, also an MLA, said a group of 30 cyclists would reach Brahmanbaria district town, about 32 km from here, on November 6 and hold meetings with their friends in the neighbouring country.
On November 8, the cyclists would start from Brahmanbaria to Comilla and cover a distance of about another 35 km, he added.
Kar, who migrated to Tripura from Brahmanbaria after partition, said this kind of rallies strengthen the friendship between India and Bangladesh.
Higher Education Minister Anil Sarkar, who is an alumnus of Iswar Pathsala, will also attend two seminars in Comilla on November 9 and 10 respectively, Kar said.
"Pathsala has given birth to many geniuses who later established themselves in different fields in both India and abroad. Many professors, writers, scholars and journalists of the state are alumni of the school," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up