Indo-Bangla friendship rally to celebrate 100 years of school
Agartala: An Indo-Bangladesh friendship cycle rally would enter into Bangladesh from here on November 6 to commemorate 100 years of Iswar Pathshala, a high school in Comilla district of the neighbouring country.
Chairman of the Iswar Pathshala Alumni Committee Pabitra Kar, also an MLA, said a group of 30 cyclists would reach Brahmanbaria district town, about 32 km from here, on November 6 and hold meetings with their friends in the neighbouring country.
On November 8, the cyclists would start from Brahmanbaria to Comilla and cover a distance of about another 35 km, he added.
Kar, who migrated to Tripura from Brahmanbaria after partition, said this kind of rallies strengthen the friendship between India and Bangladesh.
Higher Education Minister Anil Sarkar, who is an alumnus of Iswar Pathsala, will also attend two seminars in Comilla on November 9 and 10 respectively, Kar said.
"Pathsala has given birth to many geniuses who later established themselves in different fields in both India and abroad. Many professors, writers, scholars and journalists of the state are alumni of the school," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH