Indo-Bangla friendship rally to celebrate 100 years of school
Agartala: An Indo-Bangladesh friendship cycle rally would enter into Bangladesh from here on November 6 to commemorate 100 years of Iswar Pathshala, a high school in Comilla district of the neighbouring country.
Chairman of the Iswar Pathshala Alumni Committee Pabitra Kar, also an MLA, said a group of 30 cyclists would reach Brahmanbaria district town, about 32 km from here, on November 6 and hold meetings with their friends in the neighbouring country.
On November 8, the cyclists would start from Brahmanbaria to Comilla and cover a distance of about another 35 km, he added.
Kar, who migrated to Tripura from Brahmanbaria after partition, said this kind of rallies strengthen the friendship between India and Bangladesh.
Higher Education Minister Anil Sarkar, who is an alumnus of Iswar Pathsala, will also attend two seminars in Comilla on November 9 and 10 respectively, Kar said.
"Pathsala has given birth to many geniuses who later established themselves in different fields in both India and abroad. Many professors, writers, scholars and journalists of the state are alumni of the school," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?