Infiltration bid foiled along LoC in Poonch
Jammu: Army troops have foiled an infiltration bid by a group of militants along the Line of Control in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
A group of militants were seen infiltrating into Indian territory in forward area of Durga Battalion area in Poonch sector last night, a senior police officer said on Thursday.
The troops challenged them and opened fire, forcing them to retreat back to Pakistan, he said, adding that one of the infiltrating militants is believed to have been injured in the firing as blood stains were seen in the area.
Soon after the infiltration bid was foiled, Pakistan troops fired on the Indian side for some time, he said, adding there was no loss of life or injury to anyone in the firing.
This is the second infiltration bid by militants in July. On July 1, a Pakistani intruder was killed in an IED blast when he was heading towards an Indian forward post during an infiltration bid in Poonch district.
General Officer Commanding (GoC) 16 Corps, Lt Gen D S Hooda had told reporters on Wednesday that that there has been increase in the firing, infiltration attmepts and ceasefire violations along the LoC with Pakistan and the "situation on the borders is tense".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video