Intermediaries do not let me talk to Anna Hazare: Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday said he has tried several times to speak to the man he calls his "guru," Anna Hazare, but "intermediaries... people in the middle" don`t allow him to.
"Intermediaries do not let me talk to Anna Hazare, have tried to talk to him, people in the middle don`t allow me," Kejriwal said.
Kejriwal on Monday responded to Hazare`s letter regarding misuse of funds collected for the Jan Lokpal Bill, and said that he would withdraw his candidature from the Delhi Assembly Elections if there is any discrepancy in AAP accounts.
"Yesterday, I received a letter from Anna Hazare, and he wrote in that letter that a lot of people have come to him complaining about me. Anna has raised a few issues in that letter. We respect Anna a lot; he is like my guru. He asked me whether the funds collected for the Jan Lokpal Bill is being used for AAP`s election campaign,` he told media here
"I wrote to Anna asking him to conduct an investigation. I told Annaji if I am found guilty of misusing Lokpal agitation funds for AAP, then I won’t fight the Delhi elections.
“And, if we come out clean, I have requested Anna Hazare to campaign for us,” he added.
On Monday evening, a BJP activist from Ahmednagar, claiming to be Hazare`s supporter, disrupted an AAP press conference by throwing black ink at Kejriwal and other leaders.
The man, identifying himself as Nachiketa Vaghrekar, said: "Anna is my guru. I am a BJP activist. I have done this to protest that these people have betrayed everyone, they have betrayed Anna, and they have betrayed the Jan Lokpal Andolan. Anna has asked them to not to use his name. Still these people are using Anna`s name. I threw black ink on them."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'