Intermediaries do not let me talk to Anna Hazare: Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday said he has tried several times to speak to the man he calls his "guru," Anna Hazare, but "intermediaries... people in the middle" don`t allow him to.
"Intermediaries do not let me talk to Anna Hazare, have tried to talk to him, people in the middle don`t allow me," Kejriwal said.
Kejriwal on Monday responded to Hazare`s letter regarding misuse of funds collected for the Jan Lokpal Bill, and said that he would withdraw his candidature from the Delhi Assembly Elections if there is any discrepancy in AAP accounts.
"Yesterday, I received a letter from Anna Hazare, and he wrote in that letter that a lot of people have come to him complaining about me. Anna has raised a few issues in that letter. We respect Anna a lot; he is like my guru. He asked me whether the funds collected for the Jan Lokpal Bill is being used for AAP`s election campaign,` he told media here
"I wrote to Anna asking him to conduct an investigation. I told Annaji if I am found guilty of misusing Lokpal agitation funds for AAP, then I won’t fight the Delhi elections.
“And, if we come out clean, I have requested Anna Hazare to campaign for us,” he added.
On Monday evening, a BJP activist from Ahmednagar, claiming to be Hazare`s supporter, disrupted an AAP press conference by throwing black ink at Kejriwal and other leaders.
The man, identifying himself as Nachiketa Vaghrekar, said: "Anna is my guru. I am a BJP activist. I have done this to protest that these people have betrayed everyone, they have betrayed Anna, and they have betrayed the Jan Lokpal Andolan. Anna has asked them to not to use his name. Still these people are using Anna`s name. I threw black ink on them."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened