Intermediaries do not let me talk to Anna Hazare: Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday said he has tried several times to speak to the man he calls his "guru," Anna Hazare, but "intermediaries... people in the middle" don`t allow him to.
"Intermediaries do not let me talk to Anna Hazare, have tried to talk to him, people in the middle don`t allow me," Kejriwal said.
Kejriwal on Monday responded to Hazare`s letter regarding misuse of funds collected for the Jan Lokpal Bill, and said that he would withdraw his candidature from the Delhi Assembly Elections if there is any discrepancy in AAP accounts.
"Yesterday, I received a letter from Anna Hazare, and he wrote in that letter that a lot of people have come to him complaining about me. Anna has raised a few issues in that letter. We respect Anna a lot; he is like my guru. He asked me whether the funds collected for the Jan Lokpal Bill is being used for AAP`s election campaign,` he told media here
"I wrote to Anna asking him to conduct an investigation. I told Annaji if I am found guilty of misusing Lokpal agitation funds for AAP, then I won’t fight the Delhi elections.
“And, if we come out clean, I have requested Anna Hazare to campaign for us,” he added.
On Monday evening, a BJP activist from Ahmednagar, claiming to be Hazare`s supporter, disrupted an AAP press conference by throwing black ink at Kejriwal and other leaders.
The man, identifying himself as Nachiketa Vaghrekar, said: "Anna is my guru. I am a BJP activist. I have done this to protest that these people have betrayed everyone, they have betrayed Anna, and they have betrayed the Jan Lokpal Andolan. Anna has asked them to not to use his name. Still these people are using Anna`s name. I threw black ink on them."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi