ISI desperate to revive terrorism in Punjab, J-K: Gill
Chandigarh: Punjab DGP P S Gill today said
that ISI is making desperate attempts to revive terrorism in
Jammu and Kashmir and Punjab.
Addressing his first press conference here four months
after he took over as DGP after relinquishing the charge in
J-K, Gill said, "ISI has always been active. Due to the
prevailing situation in Pakistan they (ISI) are making
desperate attempts to revive terrorism in J-K and Punjab".
"It is motivating the youth, especially the unemployed,
through various incentives including sending them abroad to
Malaysia, Greece etc," the DGP said.
He said the state police is training the youth to help
them get jobs.
"The Punjab Police is trying to give training to the
unemployed youths in various skills to ensure their
rehabilitation," he said.
Stating that the police was all geared up to foil
attempts at revival of terrorism, Gill said highly trained and
specially equipped Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) teams
were being created in each of the six Police Ranges of
Ludhiana, Faridkot, Ferozepur, Patiala, Jalandhar and Border
Range based at Amritsar.
Gill said during the current year the state police has
busted nine terrorist modules with the arrest of 46 terrorists
"thereby foiling all terrorist efforts at revival".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar