ISI desperate to revive terrorism in Punjab, J-K: Gill
Chandigarh: Punjab DGP P S Gill today said
that ISI is making desperate attempts to revive terrorism in
Jammu and Kashmir and Punjab.
Addressing his first press conference here four months
after he took over as DGP after relinquishing the charge in
J-K, Gill said, "ISI has always been active. Due to the
prevailing situation in Pakistan they (ISI) are making
desperate attempts to revive terrorism in J-K and Punjab".
"It is motivating the youth, especially the unemployed,
through various incentives including sending them abroad to
Malaysia, Greece etc," the DGP said.
He said the state police is training the youth to help
them get jobs.
"The Punjab Police is trying to give training to the
unemployed youths in various skills to ensure their
rehabilitation," he said.
Stating that the police was all geared up to foil
attempts at revival of terrorism, Gill said highly trained and
specially equipped Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) teams
were being created in each of the six Police Ranges of
Ludhiana, Faridkot, Ferozepur, Patiala, Jalandhar and Border
Range based at Amritsar.
Gill said during the current year the state police has
busted nine terrorist modules with the arrest of 46 terrorists
"thereby foiling all terrorist efforts at revival".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof