Israeli SUV driver baffled at the turn of events
New Delhi: It was like any other day for
42-year-old Manoj Sharma, driver of the burnt Israeli embassy
SUV, until his vehicle came under a coordinated terror attack on Monday.
Sharma, who was taking Tal Yehoshua (40), wife of an
Israeli Defence Attache, to pick her two children from
American Embassy school, barely managed to field questions of
curious reporters at the Ram Manohar Lohia hospital where he
is undergoing treatment for the post-blast injuries.
"I washed the vehicle in the morning... and then had gone
to many places with the vehicle (during the day) but nothing
happened....I don`t know...," a lost looking Sharma said as he
tried to recollect the sequence of events.
Soon after a blast occurred at 3.16 pm at a busy traffic
intersection on Aurangazeb Road here, engulfing the Toyota
innova bearing number 109-CD-35 into flames.
"I just felt the fire and I came out...and then brought
out madam (the Israeli diplomat). I then put her inside a
three-wheeler (auto) and went with her to the embassy,"
Sharma, a resident of Vasant Gaon, told reporters at the
He was not allowed to talk much about the incident as the
investigators were looking forward to obtain vital information
Sharma`s wife and his uncle were the first to meet him at
the hospital. An Israeli embassy official was also present at
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre