Israeli SUV driver baffled at the turn of events
New Delhi: It was like any other day for
42-year-old Manoj Sharma, driver of the burnt Israeli embassy
SUV, until his vehicle came under a coordinated terror attack on Monday.
Sharma, who was taking Tal Yehoshua (40), wife of an
Israeli Defence Attache, to pick her two children from
American Embassy school, barely managed to field questions of
curious reporters at the Ram Manohar Lohia hospital where he
is undergoing treatment for the post-blast injuries.
"I washed the vehicle in the morning... and then had gone
to many places with the vehicle (during the day) but nothing
happened....I don`t know...," a lost looking Sharma said as he
tried to recollect the sequence of events.
Soon after a blast occurred at 3.16 pm at a busy traffic
intersection on Aurangazeb Road here, engulfing the Toyota
innova bearing number 109-CD-35 into flames.
"I just felt the fire and I came out...and then brought
out madam (the Israeli diplomat). I then put her inside a
three-wheeler (auto) and went with her to the embassy,"
Sharma, a resident of Vasant Gaon, told reporters at the
He was not allowed to talk much about the incident as the
investigators were looking forward to obtain vital information
Sharma`s wife and his uncle were the first to meet him at
the hospital. An Israeli embassy official was also present at
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj