Israeli SUV driver baffled at the turn of events
New Delhi: It was like any other day for
42-year-old Manoj Sharma, driver of the burnt Israeli embassy
SUV, until his vehicle came under a coordinated terror attack on Monday.
Sharma, who was taking Tal Yehoshua (40), wife of an
Israeli Defence Attache, to pick her two children from
American Embassy school, barely managed to field questions of
curious reporters at the Ram Manohar Lohia hospital where he
is undergoing treatment for the post-blast injuries.
"I washed the vehicle in the morning... and then had gone
to many places with the vehicle (during the day) but nothing
happened....I don`t know...," a lost looking Sharma said as he
tried to recollect the sequence of events.
Soon after a blast occurred at 3.16 pm at a busy traffic
intersection on Aurangazeb Road here, engulfing the Toyota
innova bearing number 109-CD-35 into flames.
"I just felt the fire and I came out...and then brought
out madam (the Israeli diplomat). I then put her inside a
three-wheeler (auto) and went with her to the embassy,"
Sharma, a resident of Vasant Gaon, told reporters at the
He was not allowed to talk much about the incident as the
investigators were looking forward to obtain vital information
Sharma`s wife and his uncle were the first to meet him at
the hospital. An Israeli embassy official was also present at
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days