Jaitley refuses to comment on Jethmalani charges
Jammu: BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Tuesday refused to get into a war of words with Ram Jethmalani, who has accused him of having a role in the CBI Director appointment controversy.
Replying to a question about Jethmalani, who has been suspended from the party, Jaitley said, "I don`t think he (Jethmalani) deserves the reply any more".
Asked whether BJP was lenient on Yashwant Sinha and Shatrughan Sinha, who have also demanded the resignation of Gadkari, he said, "well we do not discuss all these issues".
He was speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
In a strongly worded letter to Gadkari, Jethmalani has alluded to the alleged role played by Jaitley in the CBI director appointment row.
He has said Gadkari suspended him on the advice of Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley.
Jethmalani referred to the controversy over the appointment of Ranjit Sinha as the new CBI Director and alluded to the alleged role of Jaitley in the litigation filed by his rival and Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar.
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- 'Mines Act amendments may spur M&As in cement, steel sectors'
- Hardik Patel offers to give an undertaking for bail, not to do anything that affect law
- Pakistani actors Adnan Siddiqui, Sajal Aly set to debut in Bollywood film!
- Australia lead India as South Africa slip to 6th in ICC Test rankings
- Kerala law student rape and murder: Three detained by police