Jaitley refuses to comment on Jethmalani charges
Jammu: BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Tuesday refused to get into a war of words with Ram Jethmalani, who has accused him of having a role in the CBI Director appointment controversy.
Replying to a question about Jethmalani, who has been suspended from the party, Jaitley said, "I don`t think he (Jethmalani) deserves the reply any more".
Asked whether BJP was lenient on Yashwant Sinha and Shatrughan Sinha, who have also demanded the resignation of Gadkari, he said, "well we do not discuss all these issues".
He was speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
In a strongly worded letter to Gadkari, Jethmalani has alluded to the alleged role played by Jaitley in the CBI director appointment row.
He has said Gadkari suspended him on the advice of Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley.
Jethmalani referred to the controversy over the appointment of Ranjit Sinha as the new CBI Director and alluded to the alleged role of Jaitley in the litigation filed by his rival and Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why