Jaitley refuses to comment on Jethmalani charges
Jammu: BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Tuesday refused to get into a war of words with Ram Jethmalani, who has accused him of having a role in the CBI Director appointment controversy.
Replying to a question about Jethmalani, who has been suspended from the party, Jaitley said, "I don`t think he (Jethmalani) deserves the reply any more".
Asked whether BJP was lenient on Yashwant Sinha and Shatrughan Sinha, who have also demanded the resignation of Gadkari, he said, "well we do not discuss all these issues".
He was speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
In a strongly worded letter to Gadkari, Jethmalani has alluded to the alleged role played by Jaitley in the CBI director appointment row.
He has said Gadkari suspended him on the advice of Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley.
Jethmalani referred to the controversy over the appointment of Ranjit Sinha as the new CBI Director and alluded to the alleged role of Jaitley in the litigation filed by his rival and Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- LIVE: This is the first Prime Minister-like action by Narendra Modi, says Rahul Gandhi on surgical strikes
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’