Jaitley refuses to comment on Jethmalani charges
Jammu: BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Tuesday refused to get into a war of words with Ram Jethmalani, who has accused him of having a role in the CBI Director appointment controversy.
Replying to a question about Jethmalani, who has been suspended from the party, Jaitley said, "I don`t think he (Jethmalani) deserves the reply any more".
Asked whether BJP was lenient on Yashwant Sinha and Shatrughan Sinha, who have also demanded the resignation of Gadkari, he said, "well we do not discuss all these issues".
He was speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
In a strongly worded letter to Gadkari, Jethmalani has alluded to the alleged role played by Jaitley in the CBI director appointment row.
He has said Gadkari suspended him on the advice of Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley.
Jethmalani referred to the controversy over the appointment of Ranjit Sinha as the new CBI Director and alluded to the alleged role of Jaitley in the litigation filed by his rival and Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand