Japan’s Air Force Chief on a three-day visit to India
New Delhi: Aiming to strengthen military ties, Japanese Chief of Air Self Defence Force General Haruhiko Kataoka on Monday embarked on a three-day visit to India.
The Japanese General called on IAF Chief Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne and interacted with senior air officers at the air headquarters here, IAF said in a release.
The visit assumes special significance in light of the improving military cooperation between the two countries in consonance with India`s growing relationship with Japan, it said.
During the visit, Gen Kataoka is scheduled to visit Western Air Command here along with the Paratroopers Training School at Agra and the Aircraft and Systems Testing Establishment at Bangalore.
High level defence staff talks and exchanges between the Japanese and Indian armed forces with focus on regional and international security and steps to increase defence cooperation and exchanges have considerably improved our military to military relations, the release said.
The two countries have been enhancing their defence ties in the recent times and have also agreed to hold exercises between their armed forces also.
Defence Minister AK Antony had also visited Tokyo recently and Defence Secretary Shashikant Sharma had also gone there last month to take part in a security dialogue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say