JPC covering up 2G scam: BJP
New Delhi: Alleging "massive cover up" in 2G spectrum allocation, the BJP said on Monday that it had sought adjournment of question hour in both houses of Parliament to raise the issue of the Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) report on the scandal.
"There is a massive cover up of the 2G scam by the JPC. Why did they have to show the report to the law minister, when Supreme Court had said the report should not be shown to bosses," said Bharatiya Janata Party spokesperson Prakash Javadekar on Monday, day one of the second half of parliament`s budget session.
The parliamentary panel probing the 2G scam has blamed former telecom minister A Raja for the spectrum allocation and cleared Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P Chidambaram of any wrongdoing.
The BJP has said the report has been manipulated by the ruling Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?