Lok Sabha adjourned till Tuesday after uproar over various issues
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha was on Monday adjourned till Tuesday after uproar over various issues, including statehood for Telangana, demands for the resignation of Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and the unrest in West Bengal over Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee being heckled.
As soon as the Lower House assembled after a month-long break for the second half of the Budget Session, Speaker Meira Kumar led the MPs in paying tributes to the late British prime minister Margaret Thatcher and victims of the April 04 building collapse in Thane, Maharashtra. Seventy-four people were killed in that tragedy.
Soon after that, members of Left parties first gathered near the Speaker`s podium, shouting slogans against the West Bengal government and holding up placards like "Stop human rights violations in West Bengal".
MPs from Bengal`s ruling Trinamool Congress followed immediately, protesting the heckling of Banerjee and Finance Minister Amit Mitra in the national capital.
The Telegu Desam Party (TDP) as well as certain Congress MPs from Andhra Pradesh were on their feet too, demanding that Parliament take up the creation of a separate state of Telangana.
Following this, the Speaker adjourned the house till 12 noon.
When the House reassembled, Shinde laid a statement on the rape of a five-year-old child who is being treated for her grievous injuries at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) here.
There was a huge din and members of the Bharatiya Janata Party started demanding Shinde`s resignation over the issue. The Left parties and the Trinamool Congress also continued with their protests, prompting the speaker to adjourn the house till 2 pm.
The Speaker then adjourned the house till 2 pm, but the uproar continued. The House was later adjourned for the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- Sudha Shivpuri aka 'Baa' of 'Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' dies
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Bihar Intermediate Result 2015 declared