Kalmadi undergoes test for dementia at AIIMS
New Delhi: AIIMS experts have conducted
detailed examination of sacked Commonwealth Games Organising
Committee chief Suresh Kalmadi for memory-related disorder
dementia besides a number of other pathological tests of his
Lodged in Tihar jail for nearly three months in
connection with the multi-crore Commonwealth Games scam,
67-year-old Kalmadi was admitted to AIIMS for a medical
checkup on August 1.
Sources said doctors have carried out positron
emission tomography (PET) scan of his brain to assess a wide
range of conditions including the determination of dementia or
any brain lesion.
He has undergone a number of blood chemistry tests so
that a clear picture of his ailments could emerge, the sources
Though his MRI is already done, Kalmadi is yet to
undergo a cardiac evaluation, they said.
Jail authorities have deposited an amount of Rs 12,000
towards fees for conducting various tests.
A three-member team of doctors including, neurologist
Dr M V Padma, cardiologist Dr Rakesh Yadav and Dr Aarti Vij,
has been formed to conduct the investigations.
"He is absolutely all right. His condition is stable.
He has undergone the necessary investigations and we are
hopeful that by tomorrow we might be able to complete the
remaining tests," Dr Rakesh Yadav, spokesperson AIIMS said.
However regarding the date of releasing him from the
hospital, Yadav said, "We are yet to decide that."
"Kalmadi has been admitted in room number 1001 of the
CN Tower building of the hospital. He is there for medical
investigations," Dr D K Sharma, medical superintendent AIIMS
On July 28, the sacked CWG organising committee
chairman was advised by doctors at AIIMS to be admitted at the
hospital for a "short duration" in order to undergo a
"complete evaluation" after he complained of dizziness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow