Kalmadi undergoes test for dementia at AIIMS
New Delhi: AIIMS experts have conducted
detailed examination of sacked Commonwealth Games Organising
Committee chief Suresh Kalmadi for memory-related disorder
dementia besides a number of other pathological tests of his
Lodged in Tihar jail for nearly three months in
connection with the multi-crore Commonwealth Games scam,
67-year-old Kalmadi was admitted to AIIMS for a medical
checkup on August 1.
Sources said doctors have carried out positron
emission tomography (PET) scan of his brain to assess a wide
range of conditions including the determination of dementia or
any brain lesion.
He has undergone a number of blood chemistry tests so
that a clear picture of his ailments could emerge, the sources
Though his MRI is already done, Kalmadi is yet to
undergo a cardiac evaluation, they said.
Jail authorities have deposited an amount of Rs 12,000
towards fees for conducting various tests.
A three-member team of doctors including, neurologist
Dr M V Padma, cardiologist Dr Rakesh Yadav and Dr Aarti Vij,
has been formed to conduct the investigations.
"He is absolutely all right. His condition is stable.
He has undergone the necessary investigations and we are
hopeful that by tomorrow we might be able to complete the
remaining tests," Dr Rakesh Yadav, spokesperson AIIMS said.
However regarding the date of releasing him from the
hospital, Yadav said, "We are yet to decide that."
"Kalmadi has been admitted in room number 1001 of the
CN Tower building of the hospital. He is there for medical
investigations," Dr D K Sharma, medical superintendent AIIMS
On July 28, the sacked CWG organising committee
chairman was advised by doctors at AIIMS to be admitted at the
hospital for a "short duration" in order to undergo a
"complete evaluation" after he complained of dizziness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more