Kalmadi undergoes test for dementia at AIIMS
New Delhi: AIIMS experts have conducted
detailed examination of sacked Commonwealth Games Organising
Committee chief Suresh Kalmadi for memory-related disorder
dementia besides a number of other pathological tests of his
Lodged in Tihar jail for nearly three months in
connection with the multi-crore Commonwealth Games scam,
67-year-old Kalmadi was admitted to AIIMS for a medical
checkup on August 1.
Sources said doctors have carried out positron
emission tomography (PET) scan of his brain to assess a wide
range of conditions including the determination of dementia or
any brain lesion.
He has undergone a number of blood chemistry tests so
that a clear picture of his ailments could emerge, the sources
Though his MRI is already done, Kalmadi is yet to
undergo a cardiac evaluation, they said.
Jail authorities have deposited an amount of Rs 12,000
towards fees for conducting various tests.
A three-member team of doctors including, neurologist
Dr M V Padma, cardiologist Dr Rakesh Yadav and Dr Aarti Vij,
has been formed to conduct the investigations.
"He is absolutely all right. His condition is stable.
He has undergone the necessary investigations and we are
hopeful that by tomorrow we might be able to complete the
remaining tests," Dr Rakesh Yadav, spokesperson AIIMS said.
However regarding the date of releasing him from the
hospital, Yadav said, "We are yet to decide that."
"Kalmadi has been admitted in room number 1001 of the
CN Tower building of the hospital. He is there for medical
investigations," Dr D K Sharma, medical superintendent AIIMS
On July 28, the sacked CWG organising committee
chairman was advised by doctors at AIIMS to be admitted at the
hospital for a "short duration" in order to undergo a
"complete evaluation" after he complained of dizziness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH