`Kasab verdict a msg to Pak-based terror outfits`
New Delhi: Defence Minister AK Antony on Friday said the verdict against Ajmal Kasab in the Mumbai attacks case is a "clear message" to terror outfits in Pakistan and has proved that India can take strong action against criminals and terrorists.
"It (verdict) is a clear message to the terrorists
outfits, organisations and groups working there across the
border", Antony told reporters here.
"It has been proved by this judgment...under the present
law itself...if there is a will we can take strong action and
we can send a proper message to all the criminals and
terrorists," he said on the sidelines of a function to mark
the golden jubilee of the Border Roads Organisation (BRO), a
defence infrastructure institution.
Antony was asked about his reaction to the death sentence
awarded to Kasab by a trial court in Mumbai for the attacks on
the megapolis on November 26, 2008 in which 166 people were
To a question on Pakistan using US-supplied weapons in a
military exercise focusing on India`s western borders, the
Defence Minister said the Americans had already been warned of
the possibility that the equipment supplied by it to fight the
Taliban would be diverted to target India.
"We have already conveyed our concern about transfer of
(US) equipment to Pakistan. We told them (Americans) our fear,
even though US is giving equipment to Pakistan to fight
against Taliban, we feel there is every possibility of
(Pakistan) diverting most of them to the Indian borders. We
told the US that they have to be careful about that," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi